The Tudors is one of the most talked about historical families, especially because of King Henry VIII and his many marriages. Thus the television show The Tudors was created.
The costume designer is Joan Bergin, and thus the costumes are absolutely gorgeous. The great thing about her designs for the show is that they are historically accurate, (with a bit of her own personal flair).
Here we see Henry, unfortunately wearing a shirt :(, and his six wives. THe detail in the dresses is wonderful.
My advice watch the show! the costumes are beautiful and the acting is too ;)
I bolded the part that gave me an ulcer.
There is an interview where she herself says that she stylized the costumes. On the DVD for the first season, I can’t seem to find it on youtube but it’s there. Historically accurate my ass.
And she only “designed” about 1% of them. The other 99% were pulled from the racks of every costume house in England and seemed to be thrown at the actors at random.